Are there any extremely fun dice games for two people? Whether you are playing dice games with friends or loved ones, playing games with others can be competitive, tense, and bond relationships easily.
What are the best dice games to play with two players? Dice games don’t need to always be played with a group of people in street, bar, or gambling situation. With two players, dice games are much faster and do not require waiting time including strategy and planning time for each person to make up their mind.
The best dice games to play with two player are:
- D-Day Dice
- Age of War
- Catan Dice Game
- Sequence Dice
- Zombie Dice
- Golo! Golf Dice Game
There are so many themed non-traditional dice games to play with your friends or spouse. Whether you are going with a simple dice involved game or combination of board, card, or dice game, have fun and enjoy the companionship.
When looking forthebest dice games to play with two players, there are some classic and modern ones to try. Though technology has taken over with tablets, video games, smartphones, and VR, traditional and basic games haven’t lost their charm.
It is great way to connect and be social compared to digital games played on a screen. In this article, let’ review some of the best dice games for two players to brighten your game night.
What are the best dice game for two players?
- Includes simplified rules that include players younger than ages 8 years old.
- Game duration 15 minutes play time.
- Suitable for 2 to 8 players, but best for 2 players.
- Comprises 1 dice cup, 2 dice, 26 action cards, and 16 strike cards.
- Easy to learn the rules with help from a how to play video.
Players roll the dice taking turns and have to try to get a higher dice roll compared to their opponent. If the player says it’s a bluff, the player who has bluffed obtains a strike, and getting 3 strikes makes you a loser.
Every player begins with an action card that will assist you to bluff your opponent. Make your bluff true with an action card.
Bamboozle your opponent by bluffing. If you don’t get a call, you get a bonus card.
- Best for 2 players and flexible for 1 to 4 players.
- Recommended ages 10 or older.
- Duration of the game lasts 20 to 40 minutes.
- Quick to setup and learn.
- Surprising amount of strategy is involved.
Each of the boards have certain restrictions on which shade or color of dice can be positioned there.
Dice of the same color or shade cannot be placed adjoining each other. They are used in order of play with the beginning player rotating every round and then moving back around when the last player gets 2 dice.
The game score is variable depending on getting different placement varieties and patterns. Also, you can get bonus points for a specific color of hidden goal.
Use skill tokens to break the rules and for using special tools. The window artisan with the highest score wins.
The game is about handling the German machine guns that are killing your comrades. It is all about resource management including soldiers, specialists, items, and courage to know when to move your units.Key features
- Playing time is 45 minutes
- Recommended ages 14 and up
- Suitable for 1 to 4 players.
- Similar to Yahtzee, but a lot more intense.
- Light and challenging cooperative game.
In this dice game, allied soldiers are the players themselves who have to organize units for defending the attack and attack the gun nest. With the progression of the game, the players have to advance to the beach by collecting the resources.
Sector by sector, the unit grows strong. The objective of this game is about the management of resources like specialists, tools, and soldiers.
- Includes 6 dice and 1 score pad.
- Playing time is 15 minutes.
- Simple to play but decision making can be difficult.
- No downtime between the turns to strategize.
- Recommended ages 8 and up.
The active player rolls all the colors above and 2 white, in all 6 dice. The sum of white dice numbers off the 4 rows can be marked off, and then the player can mark off one white die, one colored die in the same colored row of the colored die.
When you don’t mark off a number, you have to cross a penalty box on the score sheet where you have 4 penalty boxes. With 4 penalties marked off, the game is over and that player loses.
The more rows marked gives you a higher score. The highest score wins otherwise.
The Qwinto is the new sensation from Qwixx.Players roll simultaneously at the same time to fill the scoresheet rows with high numbers and very quickly to get a score of most points. Key features
- Best to play as 2 player, but can be played from 2 to 6 players.
- Easy to teach and quick to play.
- Includes 3 dice, score sheets and pencils.
- Requires planning and luck to maximize scores.
- Fill colored rows quickly to snag bonus points.
Each player has a scoresheet with 3 colored rows of pentagons or/and circles. The rows are not overlapping, however overlap sufficiently to design 5 vertical columns having 3 shapes with a pentagon in each row.
The dice are rolled and noted until one of the players has 2 rows filled on their scoresheet. If there are 4 miss throws, then the game is over.
- Fast-paced dice game for 2 players.
- Includes 7 custom dice, 14 cards, and rule sheet.
- Recommended ages from 14 and up.
- Can be played in 15 to 30 minutes
- Mainly luck, but require some strategy is involved.
In order to play the Age of War, a player begins by rolling 7 dice, six of them show cavalry, archery, daimyo, and 1 to 3 for infantry. A card is selected with symbols to conquer one of the card’s battle lines.
When done conquering, the player rolls the remaining dice to attack another line. If not conquered, the dice are eliminated and all the castles owned by a player of one clan are secured.
Unite the clans and strengthen your hold to achieve the highest score to win.
- Contains 6 multi-color dice, 1 pad of double-sided and colorful maps with score tracks.
- Can be played in 2 different scenarios.
- Recommended age 7 or up.
- Suggested 1 to 4 players, but best with 2 player.
- Gameplay lasts 15 to 30 minutes.
In order to build Catan, you need resources.
Start by rolling 6 special dice with resource symbols 3 different times. Select the dice to keep and roll after each turn.
Finished buildings are given victory points and points on the scorecard. The player with the most points wins.
- Suitable for ages 7 to adult.
- Perfect for 2 to 4 players.
- Develop STEM skills.
- Includes special rolls to add a twist to gameplay.
- Combination of strategy and chance.
In order to play Sequence Dice, players roll a dice pair to determine the position of their tokens.
Each of the numbers has 4 associated squares, excluding 10 or 11, remove opponent’s token or wild token. 2 and 12 numbers get bonus turns.
The winner is the first to place 5 tokens in a row vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
- Recommended ages 10 and up.
- Suitable to play as 2 players.
- Includes 13 customized dice, dice cup, and rule sheet.
- Easy to learn and play in minutes
- Lasts 15 to 20 minutes of game time.
- Zombie Apocalypse Theme
One who collects 13 brains is the winner. Shotgun blast means the end of turn. The brain symbol is one point and footsteps mean re-roll.
No knowledge or technique is required, just need to roll on your turn and let the dice dictate your fate.
- Award-winning family games
- Teaching children basic math by engaging in the face-paced dice game.
- Recommended ages 6 and up.
- Can be played with 1 or more players.
- Comes with travel bag, 9 dice, dice cup, playing rules, and scorecards.
This game has decision-making, pressure, and satisfaction of getting low. It is quick to learn, quick paced, entertaining, and fun-filled game.
Won awards and sold over 1 million games. Family and friends love to create special game night memories that will last your lifetime.
Two Player Dice Games: Conclusion
Whether it’s for a party or just for having some fun time with a friend, the best dice game for two players opens up a new world of gaming potential.
Playing dice games with two instead of four or more makes it faster in speed with minimal waiting time required. Also, these dice games are easy to learn and quick to play, making them the perfect warm-up play for game night.
The best part of dice games are they require minimal strategy and competition due to purely chance and luck. Whether you are playing a dice game only or combination of dice, board, and cards, there are so many fun ways to enjoy dice with your favorite person.