Planning on tent or car camping this season and looking some fun board games to play? Whether you are searching for indoor or outdoor board game, there are board games to play while camping that you are guaranteed to enjoy.
Playing games will relax and make your camping experience even more pleasurable. Whether you are passing time from one meal to another or tucked into the tent after the sun sets, playing board games while camping can be loads of fun.
What are the best board games to play while camping? To find the board game for camping, you need to look for portability, compact in size, and amount of players that are participating in the gameplay. Playing board games inside the tent or near the wood fire adds entertainment value that makes the trip more memorable.
The best board games for camping are:
- Monopoly National Parks
- Caves and Claws
- The Appalachian Trail Game
- The Amazing Labyrinth
- Castle Panic
The listed board games sets the mood for camping outdoors in nature. Whether you play with 1 to 8 people, this is great way to interact and get to know each other even deeper.
Board games are a terrific way to make adults and kids enhance their logic skills, reasoning, and critical thinking. This time you head out on a camping adventure, take board games to build connections and enjoy the trip to the fullest.
In this article, we are going to review the top 10 best board games you can take with you while camping. You are guaranteed to find a game genre that is perfect for your camping group.
What is the best board game to play while camping?
There are certain risks you need to be aware when taking board games to camping because they are consist of lots of knick knacks that sometimes you may loose while moving around. Rain or morning dew can soak the boards or boxes wet, which can potentially cause musty smells or mold growth that is difficult to recover from.
However, in this article, we are going to review durable and waterproof board games that you won’t need to worry about moisture attacking the pieces.
Let’s take a look at the best board games to play while camping:
- Tests the knowledge of outdoor skills.
- Has more pieces as compared to other games.
- Great for adults and kids alike.
- Learn great outdoors facts.
- Designed to grow along with the player.
- Educational and perfect for any occasion, including rainy days and camping trips.
With this Camp board game, adult and children will gain a lot of knowledge and many laughs along the way.
This is family friendly game to play around the campfire and in the morning. The game is fun for up to 8 players and ages 4 and up are recommended.
- The game rules are simple with the complexity of the game.
- Based on the opponent’s wit, you have to sharpen your critical thinking and strategic skills.
- This game is challenging, lovely built, and engaging.
- Perfect for ages 8 plus years and 2 to 4 players.
- Cultivate reasoning, strategizing, and critical thinking skills.
Otrio is easy to start and fun to engage with other players.
It is similar to playing tic-tac-toe, the difference is more than 2 people can play this game and it is difficult to win. Also, it’s fast-paced game that does not require a huge time commitment.
- Features above 60 lovely historic sites of America.
- Allow you to visit 22 well-known scenic national parks.
- Gameplay is about 60 minutes.
- Incorporates animals and educating where they are often seen in the inhabited park.
- Recommended ages 8 and up.
If you love original Monopoly, you’ll love the National Park edition. Celebrate the beauty of National Park around the US by matching the animals to the parks they habit. Great educational fun games for whole family to take it to the camping.
- Construct path towards abandoned temples and caves.
- Use the paths to discover and search for the treasures.
- Goal is to return to base camp safely.
- Play as friends by helping to climb a mountain, finish space exploration and make a community.
- Helps academic learning, socialization, growth of character, entertainment, and strategy.
- Find ancient artifacts by surviving within the jungle.
- Applicable for ages 6 and 1-4 players.
This board game is filled with fantasy and imagination.
It is not an individual competition type of game, instead all players work as a team to find the ancient artifacts while surviving in the jungle. Play as friends, not as enemies!
- Consist of 3 card types: Chance, Gear, and challenge.
- The trail’s history and wildlife are learned in the game.
- Game for kids and adults where challenges can be made easier for kids while harder for adults.
- The backpacking edition is particularly related to camping in the outdoors.
- It is an educational and fun game with a lifetime of learning.
- Identify animals and plants, learn basic first aid, camping skills, and more.
- There’s gear in your backpack to use when the situation arises.
Explore the Appalachian Mountains and communities along the way as a whole family.
You can easily adjust the level of play to make it difficult for experienced hikers or easier for younger children. It is one of the best family board games that will help backpacking preparation all in one.
- Vote out a player by discussing who the werewolf could be in the day.
- While werewolves eliminate villagers at night.
- There’s a role guide and the game rules are simplified.
- There are 11 secret roles with 30 role cards for both teams.
- Recommend for 5-30 players, Ages 13 and up
The Werewolf game alternates between day and night to add more suspense by everyone slapping their knees to cover up the noise. It is fun and interactive games that is perfect for outdoor setting to enjoy the nature while playing this game.
- The game is a fun play experience.
- Needs you to discover the shortest route to get to Labyrinth and win.
- Ideal for ages 7 and over with 2 to 4 players.
- Easy-to-set instructions and high-quality components.
- Duration of the gameplay is around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Players learn recognition, cause and effect, taking turns, association and planning.
An engaging and challenging board game for young children and adults. Iit requires problem solving and critical thinking skills that rewards every player in their cognitive skills.
The Amazing Labyrinth board game is beautiful artwork that comes together as a masterpiece of family entertainment.
- Work together to protect your castles from the attacking monsters.
- Have at least one tower standing to become a winner.
- Draw a full hand of cards and strategically plan together.
- Fight monsters, add more defense, and move ahead in the game.
- Ideal for ages 10 and over with 1 to 6 players.
- The game is cooperative and team building strategy.
This board game is easy to learn but super challenging and thrilling to play together as whole family.
The game is designed to make you feel like playing a video game. It’s fun, fast, and fluid, so it doesn’t make you feel like your playing board game instead of video game.
- The game is strategic and fun with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Clear matching icons and illustrations that even smaller kids shall learn.
- Educational and fun for the entire family during camping.
- Comes with fun printables and the game connects kids with nature.
- No reading is required due to clear illustrations and matching icons for younger kids.
Made with 100% recycled and recyclable materials with a water-based coating that makes this board game durable in harsh conditions.
You don’t need plant knowledge to play this game, it encourages play against the board game and working together as a team. Perfect for hiking trails or backyards to identify the edible plants and connect the whole family to nature.
Board Games for Camping: Conclusion
Whether you are tent or car camping, bringing board games will make the trip so much more memorable and entertaining. Thesebest board games to play while camping are the ones that include fun and learning as whole family.
The board game components shouldn’t be heavy or too light causing them to blow away with a shallow gust; the material should be durable, water-resistant and easy to transport.
Furthermore, these games are compatible to play inside of tent or around the campfire at night. The recommended board games for camping are easy to learn and quick to play that all ages can enjoy.
Bond the relationship as a family or close friends by playing as team and learning about nature, animals and plants as your adventure begins. Happy board gaming!