Craps is a game that can be played with dice wherein the players make their wage on the dice roll or rolls. It is one of the most popular casino games in the world.
Compared to blackjack or poker, craps is the perfect dice games to play with friend and guests at home. Lets roll that dice and shoot some craps!
How do you play craps with dice? In order to play craps with dice, start by betting chips or tokens on the first dice roll. Win the game if you get 7 or 11 on each roll.
The losing roll is called craps and refer to if you get 2, 3, or 12 on your turn. The goal of craps is to predict the result of the dice and bet on it.
There are two parts on the craps: come out roll and the point to make it more challenging.
The Come out roll where the player rolls the dice and bets based on pass line or don’t pass options. The pass line is simply placing a bet in the pass line area where 7 or 11 is a win, and 2,3, or 12 is automatic loss for all players with a pass line bet.
4,5,6,8,9 or 10 is no one wins or loses, and their bets remain for part two of the game.
The don’t pass bet, which is betting against the player. The total of 2 or 3 is to win and for 7 or 11 is losing and the house collects the losing bets.
A total of 12 is called a push, where you get your bet back. For all other totals of 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10, no one wins or loses.
The second part called the point, where if you end up getting 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10, you have the option to pass line bet remains, goal to roll before a 7, or other than a 7 to roll gain.
In this article, we will seehow to play craps with dice where players wager money set against one another, called street craps or against a bank, called table craps or casino craps.
Craps game needs very little equipment to play and can be played informally. Learn to play craps with dice using basic rules to bet differently once the point has been setup.
How to roll craps dice?
When you roll craps dice, on a come out dice roll, place the come bet over the pass line as a similar bet. Once the bet is placed, the first roll of dice will be set to a come point.
If it is a natural number such as 7 or 11, then you win and if it is 2, 3 or 12 then you lose. If the come point repeats prior to a roll of 7, then the roll is a win.
In order to determine the luck of the win or loose, rolling craps dice properly is crucial. Consider these tips to throw the dice consistently to elevate your chances of winning.
Tips to roll craps dice:
- Select the best place for your roll.
- Ensure your fingers are dry and not wet or sticky.
- Set the dice with the sixes on top.
- Squeeze the dice together and lock them tightly to throw so they can travel together.
- Releasing the dice up and not forcing them out.
- Find the landing zone on the table.
- Avoid slamming the wall.
- Be consistence on each roll.
Upon rolling the craps dice, always remember the Sevens to the ratio of rolls. Within this, there are 36 combinations that can be created from a dice pair and also 6 ways to get a roll of 7.
This implies that, the probability of getting a 7 once in 6 rolls is called SSR or sevens to rolls ratio of 6. For instance, if dice has rolled 42 times and 7’s are rolled seven times, then the SSR is 42 ÷ 7 = 6.
Tips for playing craps with dice
When playing craps with dice, there is no strategy required and the game is viewed as pure chance. However, there are many variations and certain tips for you to take into account the level of risk that can affect the chances of winning.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of playing craps with dice:
- The come bet is where you get a house edge like 1.41%, then the come bet is a premier bet. Come and pass line bets are the same.
- Pass line bet is when you get a house edge like 1.41%, then the pass line becomes a premier bet.
- Don’t come bet where the house edge is 1.40%, as don’t come becomes a premier bet.
- Don’t pass bet if the house edge is 1.40%, as don’t pass becomes a premier bet which is not so usual for many crap players. Don’t pass bet is same as don’t come bet.
- The odds bet is same as a zero house edge. The odds bet is obtained post any of the above 4 bets landing over a number.
- Head with don’t 8 and don’t 6 means the bet is where 7 has to come prior to 6 or 8. This way the house edge is 1.82%
- Place 6 and/or 8 is one of the best bets when playing in a casino. The house here with 6 or 8 is 1.52 percent. Your bet is in 6 dollar increments till one of the crap player bets above 20 dollars. After this, 3 dollar increments are permitted. Now you can make a bet of 21 dollars.
- Do not get trapped in riots, ie., craps since players do not want to get into bad bets. Stick to 7 bets and over, leave others.
How do you play craps with dice?
When money or chips are bet on the first dice roll, also referred to as come out roll, the game begins. The player wins if you get an 7 or 11 as a roll and lose if you get 2, 3 or 12 as a roll. The losing roll is referred to as craps.
Any other combination of numbers or numbers is the point. This is where there is another dice roll until there’s a 7, which lets you win.
Generally, a craps game is played on a table with minimums of 5 to 10 dollars, and the players have to place the bet. The game begins with one of the players placing a pass line bet in an off position.
The dice go around all the players in a clockwise direction, the player with the dice is called the shooter.
Pick 2 dice out of the 5 given dice. When other players are on the come out roll, then you are in off position.
On your turn, roll the dice against the wall hoping for a 7 or 11. If you get it, you win and get paid.
However, if you roll a 2, 3, or 12, then you lose and the money is gone.
If the bet is to get 5 in on position and you get 5 before 7 is rolled, then you win and get paid. The roll could be any number of times after the initial Come out roll.
Craps with Dice: Final Thoughts
Playing craps with dice revolves around loads of luck and chance that you can enjoy with family and friends on any game night. Simply play at home in comfortable setting to mimic casino games with a few dollars or awards to bet.
The ultimate object of this game is to forecast the result of dice and bet on the roll. Dice roll plays an important part in the gameplay of this luck based game, and the number of the dice determine the win or loss.
If you get 7 to 11 on the Come out roll, then you will win. However, 2, 3, or 12, and you’ll lose on the first roll of the dice. A losing roll is called craps.
How you roll the dice plays important key to this game. Make sure you choose the best position and have dry fingers to throw, set both dice with sixes on top before throwing them onto the table.
The key here is to make sure the dice reach the landing zone without slamming the wall so that they can travel together. Practice and be consistence on each roll to get the best chances to win.
Craps cannot be played without dice. Whether you are playing with family or friends, use these dice game tips and strategy to improve your odds of winning. Happy playing!