Do you have younger children who absolutely love dinosaurs? From toys to printed t-shirts, dinosaurs make lots of kids go nuts with excitement.
As a result, dinosaur themed games are roar-some and kids go crazy for these entertaining games. Give your child a dino board game that they will be extremely excited about every time you pull it out the closet.
What are the best dinosaur board games for toddlers? Playing dinosaur board games as toddler can safely understand a prehistoric and extinct animal. Learn about earth and life by increasing knowledge of primal instincts and nature.
The best dinosaur board games for toddlers are:
- Dinosaur Escape Game
- Dino Battle
- Dino Dump
- Dino Math Tracks
- Tiny Epic Dinosaurs
- Jurassic Snack
- Dinosaur Snakes And Ladders
- Tyrannosaurus Rex
These board games include different types of dinosaur themes that are fun and educational. Enhance verbal skills, improve comprehension, and develop higher levels of confidence by playing dinosaur related board games.
Toddlers love to play with dinosaurs and they love to learn and create imaginative worlds around them.
Young children with intense interest in dinosaurs may have higher intelligence level. Reason enough to add these dinosaur themed board game to the playtime.
In this article, we will review the10best dinosaur board games for toddlers. Get into it and find the perfect dino board game for your children to play!
What are the best dinosaur-themed board games for toddlers?
However, selecting the right dinosaur board game for toddler can be tricky since difference in ages and difficulty level varies from one to the other.
With the right game, children can develop forward thinking abilities surrounding strategy, brain development and thinking processes. Moreover, dinosaur board games encourage team spirit as youngster, so it may be time to start gaming.Let’s review these dinosaur themed board games for toddler to play:
- Pick a meeple that is in your hand and position it strategically on your board zone to get the majority of points at the finish of the game.
- Pass on the dinosaurs remaining in your hand to subsequent players.
- Game is ideal for ages 8 and over with 2 to 5 players.
- Perfect family drafting game.
- Game time takes around 15 mins.
- Categorized as prehistoric and animals.
- Teaches dice rolling, simultaneous action, drafting, and selection mechanisms.
This board game is great introductory drafting game for parents with younger children to work together. All pieces and the board are made with durable quality materials that are easy to read and tell the difference between the distinct colors and shapes.
Takes about 2 minutes to learn and playtime is 15 minutes or less. Simply use this as filler game to get family board game night started!
- Fun, easy, and quick game.
- Enhances memory and matching skills.
- Improves shared decision-making, problem-solving, creativity, and communication.
- Categorized as animals, science and fiction.
- Teaches you hand management mechanics.
- Save the dinosaur from the rumbling volcano.
- Elevate strategical thinking, emotional development, and stress-free gameplay.
The goal of this game is to help dinosaur friends who are lost in the ferns to escape safely before a volcano explodes.
Perfect for 2 to 4 players and recommended ages 4 and up can enjoy this board game. However, this game is very simple to understand so children can also play by themselves.
- Fun, smart, and dynamic game.
- Enhances attention and logic.
- Four of the prehistoric species are included in this board game.
- Struggle on the planet for dominance with creators, pterodactyls, giant plants, and tyrannosaurs.
- Requires a line built of creatures of the same kind fastest on the field.
- Comes with easy to learn game rules that are suited for 2 to 4 players.
- Gameplay takes around 20 to 30 mins.
- Awarded the best family game in 2020.
- Categorized as animals and prehistoric.
- Uses a player elimination mechanism that is easy to follow.
Excellent family game to play with 3 to 4 people instead of 2 players.
The Dino Battle board game helps kids to concentrate and focus on the game. Great birthday gift idea and it is compact and portable for traveling as well.
- Teaches card drafting mechanisms.
- Game for kids over 6 years old.
- Lose your cards or wear the poop stickers.
- Throw meteorites, scoop the poop or hide below the leaves to get past your opponents.
- Easy to learn and quick to play.
It is suitable for 2 to 4 players and can be played as whole family. Perfect game for dinosaur-obsessed kids.
The game is similar to UNO, but the difference is that you have to lay cards in from of you and wait to use it. It is young children friendly, which makes it better than playing UNO.
The game comes with few variation of gameplay included in the instructions to advance the older the child gets.
- Each dinosaur is given one of the 4 tracks.
- Game is ideal for 2 to 4 players.
- Categorized as animals and educational math.
- Uses a dice-rolling mechanism.
- Teaches counting, place value, subtraction, and addition.
- Learn value of ones, tens, hundreds, and thousands.
Combining game with learning basic math is great source of education.
The Dino Math Tracks game is cute way to introduce and teach basic value concept to children. A simple game to help learn addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication practice.
- Categorized as farming, science, fiction, and fantasy.
- Teaches you enclosure, hidden, worker placement, and victory point mechanisms.
- Research and customize the ranch.
- Solo opponents who have a unique personality.
- Includes 70 Dino Meeples, 60 Wooden tokens, 1 Wrangler die, 8 Ranch Mats, 4 Action Match, 30 Research cards, and 28 Contract cards.
This board game supports 1 to 4 player and can be played as single player. For solo player, use a deck of 8 “Rival Rancher” cards during the “Assign Ranchers” phase.
The compact size of this board game allows you to bring it anywhere in a separate bag or suitcase to travel. It’s the perfect introductory play to teach toddlers about board games.
- Categorized as animals and strategy.
- Create a random square with 4 playing boards.
- Place 4 Diplos on matching egg spaces.
- Shuffle the tokens and put them down on empty spaces.
- Two action cards per turn or moving T-Rex.
- Teaches you a grid movement mechanism.
- Prevent getting eaten and going extinct.
- Feed well to keep them alive.
- Winner of the 2021 Family Choice Award.
Win the game when there are no grass token remaining in the play area. The player who has eaten the most grass wins.
The game is simple to follow and play quickly in about 10 to 20 minutes. Also, the box of board game is pretty compact which makes it easy to store the board game horizontally or vertically.
- No reading skills required
- Teaches dice rolling, race, rolling, and grid movement mechanisms.
- Plenty of prehistoric fun.
- Practice counting and the winner is the one who reaches the Triceratops skull.
- Best game for 3 to 6 players with ages 3 and up.
- Develop social skills, number recognition, direction or movement, and comprehension.
Perfect one-on-one family board game to play to have fun together. Also, the rule is pretty simple enough that kids can play this game on their own.
Choose your favorite dinosaur playing piece and be the first one to get the new dino-baby egg before it hatches!
- Classic race and chase board game.
- Includes 17 different dinosaur pieces to choose from.
- Teaches you to spin or roll and move the mechanism.
- Improve counting and strategical skills.
- Recommended for 2 to 4 players and suitable for ages 6 years and up.
It is perfect game for any dinosaurs fans! It requires each player to throw 3 dice: 2 white and 1 black dice with simple forward or backward move to try to catch other player’s dinosaurs.
There are shorter and longer tracks and safe routes to win this game!
- Identical to Candy Land for movement.
- Suitable for 2 to 4 players.
- Teaches spin, roll, and race mechanisms
- Duration of gameplay varies between 15 to 45 minutes.
- Recommended age 4 and up.
This board game is exciting color-and-number board game that encourages young children to be creative!
Not only moving pieces on the board, but also get to design your own playing piece by sculpting a dinosaur using 4 colors of clay and 1 dinosaur mold. The game moves fairly quickly, so get ready!
Dino Board Games for Kids: Conclusion
Dinosaur board games for toddlers are not only interesting, but also make you smarter and are a healthy way to keep physically and mentally active. Educational board games teach you counting, addition, subtraction, place value skills, cognitive thinking, and strategical skills with patience and togetherness while playing.
Toddlers love dinosaurs and are eager to learn about different species, life expectancy, diets and attributes. By playing with dinosaur themed games, young children can become fascinated by the creatures.
In addition, they will enhance knowledge about science and nature. Sounds like an educational win-win all around
Add these suggested dinosaur themed board games to the playtime or family game night to have fun and educational time all together. Learn communication and understanding skills and develop confidence at a young age. Enjoy the dino related gameplay!