Have you ever tried to play board games with your dog? Activities with your dog tend to be limited to walking, running, or tossing a ball.
If you have been only playing tug a war with your dog, you’ll love these board games options to keep your dog entertained and build relationship stronger as a best friend.
What are the best board games to play with your dog? As human’s best friend, dogs are intelligent, poses advanced memory skills and are able to read and react to human body language, gestures and pointing. That is why playing board game can make your dog even smarter.
The best board games for dogs are:
- Soggy Doggy Dog Board Game
- Woof Board Game
- Do You Mind?
- My Dog Can Do That
These board games are fun, challenging, and easy to learn for your dog to participate. On a rainy or snowy day, you can setup these games indoors and play with your dog using incentive toys or treats.
If you are a board game fanatic, get specificboard games to play with your dog. This way your dog also gets a common association with you with bonding time over a board game.
Pick a board dog game for a fun-filled excitement and challenging adventure with your furry friend. Let’s dig into the best board games to play with your dog!
What board games can I play with my dog indoors?
Games are a great form of education and entertainment for human and animals alike. Board games are interchangeable for indoors and outdoors, regardless of time and location.
Not only will you bond a strong relationship with your dog, it will also make you smarter and are proven to be good for your brain to benefit each other.
If you are looking for healthy ways to develop bonding time with your dog, choose these dog friendly board games to make beautiful and unforgettable memories.
- Play this game on a tile floor or outside to clean up easily.
- Prevent surfaces such as wood and carpet that can absorb moisture.
- Fun way to prepare your kids for taking their pets to bathe.
- Great board game for families and kids.
- Recommended for kids age 4 and up and 2 to 4 players.
This is a fun way to introduce kids and dog to become familiarize to take shower. It is full of action and suspense filled to make bath time even more enjoyable.
You will get to race around the board to take turns giving a dog bath. They may shake and get you soaked before you even get started!
- Answer canine related questions.
- Win best competition on breeds.
- Ask your dog to do exercises and tricks around the clock.
- A well-performing dog will get points for you and your team.
- A minimum of 2 players with a pet dog can play this game.
- Educational game to get the brain of your pet working.
- Game where a pet can win by playing.
The Woof board game is testing you and your dog’s brain to accomplish simple tasks with treats as a reward. It is not just fun game to play with your dog, but also educational game to really get your dog’s mind working.
- This game is to get a high score by getting your pet dog to do fun activities.
- It is a time-bound game.
- The point is to score the most by matching paw print cards.
- Any combination of 1 to 4 dogs with 1 to 4 people can play this game.
- Any player over 12 years of age and dog over 12 weeks can play this game.
- It can become a quick play game by deciding on the number of rolls to be played.
Do you Mind? board game is the perfect board game to play with your dog.
Simply shuffle the cards and pile them in a single stack. Players draw the top card and read the activities out loud.
The first dog who performs the activity gets the point or number of paw prints. Be aware there is 1 minute sand timer to perform the action to win this game.
- Choose a trick card like Mexican hat dance, doorbell dash, synchronized walking and many more.
- There are 72 tricks involved.
- The time given is 30 seconds for the trick to be done.
- Your dog does the trick and you watch the fun.
Play with the family dog or challenge your friends and their dog to a match. There are 30 pages in the training manual to get your dog to do the trick.
It’s fun for the dogs and helps the player think creatively to get their dogs to learn new tricks.
- Perfect dog training tool.
- Efficient for puppies and younger dogs.
- Keep your pet dogs busy for a long time.
- Few commands are taught in the way and ideal for hyperactive dogs.
- Includes an activity with a trick to finish together.
The board game is recommended for ages 12 and up. The players including the dog should be 1 to 4 players to have fun.
The goal is every player has one minute to finagle their dog to do specific activities such as “Moonwalk” or “ Do the Wave”. If your dog does the activity, you win a tag and the more tags you get, you and your furry friend are the winners!
- Recommended for 2 to 6 players and ages 8 and up.
- It is a real estate of dogs arranged by breed size.
- Each dog deed has the breed's fun facts.
- Shorter play time compared to original Monopoly.
- Buy your favorite type of dogs and then collect dog houses to trade them with big bones.
Whether you are choosing small to big from Chihuahua to Great Dane, there are history and facts about the dog that you can learn from on each of Dog Deeds.
In the game, there is a kennel that means the player is out of the game for three turns. The winner will be first place in obedience class or lose by having fleas.
Board Games with Dogs: Conclusion
Playing aboard game with your dog is the best way to have a fun time with your furry friend.
Generally, dogs are smart and have in-depth memory to be able to follow the command. Also, they can understand human words or read body gestures, that is why dogs are perfect player to include in board game night.
Board games are one of the best ways to make your dog more intelligent by stimulating mentally and socially. Teaching new tricks with these games is a great for training and educational purposes that the whole family can enjoy including kids in all ages.
However, not all board games are dog friendly. The best picks are given as above which can be enjoyed with family along with your pet dog.
Happy board gaming with your pet friend!