Crazy 8 is one of the most popular games in iMessage with a fast-paced and massive following. It’s one of the best games on iMessage topping the game list with a magnificent multiplayer mode to connect with friends.
Unlike many cards game on the iMessage, Crazy 8 can be played and enjoyed by all ages because the rules are straightforward to master, and it requires a short time for someone to learn how to play them. Note, at least three players must join the Crazy 8s game to be played on iMessage.
So how can someone play Crazy 8 on iMessage? First, each player must add the Crazy 8 app to the iMessage extension. The player who is the host has to create a room for the others to join.
Three or more players must join the room for the iMessage Crazy 8s game to start. After the players have joined the room, they will have to set their time limit and then stick to the basic rules of the Crazy 8.
Each player is dealt 7 cards, and the remaining cards serve as the draw pile, with one card flipped over for the discard.
The game begins on the left side of the screen because that’s where the dealer is positioned. The player has to match the suit or rank of the top card on the discard pile.
The pattern of the game continues until the cards on top are matched. When the player cards in hand do not match, they can draw from the stockpile.
Crazy 8 on iMessage may experience difficulty working correctly because the pattern varies depending on the version of the game app, which may have a different standard card. Answered below are frequently asked questions about playing Crazy 8 on iMessage and everything you need to know about the app extension.
What are the rules for Crazy on iMessage?
- For a game of Crazy 8 to start on iMessage, three or more players must join the room. Crazy 8 in iMessage allows a maximum of six players and a minimum of three, making it the only card game that does not allow two players.
- Players are expected to set their time limits before they follow basic Crazy rules during the game.
- Crazy 8 requires both skill and a little bit of luck.
- The objective of the game is to get rid of all your cards ahead of opponent players.
- Crazy 8 on iMessage has a 52-card deck of regular cards, which can be added too depending on the number of players in the game.
- Another version of the Crazy 8s app on iMessage comes with a standard deck.
- Each of the players in Crazy 8 on iMessage is dealt seven cards. The remaining cards are dealt on top of the table in a face-down position to act as a draw pile during the game.
- A single card is positioned in a face-up position to act as the discard pile during the game.
- The dealer is positioned on the left side of the screen, and the game begins with the player left of the dealer.
- For the card to be discarded on the Crazy 8 game in iMessage, it must match the suit or rank of the card at the top of the discard pile.
- Eight-cards can be played at anytime of the game on the discard pile, and act as a wild card to change the discard for the next player.
How many players can play iMessage Crazy 8?
The iMessage appCrazy 8, can support a minimum of three and maximum of six players to join the multiplayer mode.
Unlike most games, Crazy 8 is the only app game in iMessage that two players cannot play. That gives the game a competitive element because it allows more players to make it fun.
How many cards do you deal in Crazy 8 in iMessage?
On the Crazy 8 in iMessage, each player is given seven cards. The other remaining cards are placed on a face-down position to acts as the draw pile.
When the cards in a player’s hand don’t match up with the top of the discard, they can draw from the draw pile.
However, Crazy 8s in iMessage has a few versions that vary depending on the app used. There is another version that will deal only five cards to each player.
How to win Crazy 8 every time
The following strategies will help you to win Crazy 8 every time you play:
- Try to save eights until late in the game. Sometimes it’s better to draw a card from the stockpile than to waste an eight for no good reason.
- Dump all of your eights before the someone else ends the game so that you don’t get a heavy penalty as a result of having them in your hands. Eights are worth 50-points in the end, so you definitely don’t want to get stuck with any unused eights in your hand.
- Change the suit on the discard pile whenever an opponent who is leading plays an eight and declares a new suit.
- Play cards of high value whenever a chance of matching suit arises because the higher the value of cards the player has in their hand, the worse their total points when the game ends.
- Choose a suit that matches most of the cards you have in hand.
Crazy 8 on iMessage: Conclusion
Crazy 8 in iMessage requires a minimum of three and maximum of six players. Have a host set up the room, invite everyone to the game and get the round started.
Set the time limit for the game, and the dealer will pass out 7 cards to each player. The discard pile will dictate which suit or rank to put down, so follow along and try to get rid of all the cards in your hand.
Eights are a wild card that can be played at anytime and used to change the suit of the discard pile. Be careful because you don’t want to get stuck with unused eights in your hand if another player ends the game, they are worth 50 points which is sure to hurt your total.
The main objective of any player in Crazy 8s card game is to shed off the cards in their hands until they have none left. Yes, there exist many variations of the iMessage game, but the basic rules remain the same no matter which version you are playing.