Are you looking for fun indoor date night idea? Starting with homemade dinner and glass of wine, playing a board game with your wife is a great way to spend the evening.
Enjoy some couples time out of the busy schedule. Thebest board games to play with your wife are an entertaining way to spend time with each other and have fun while relaxing at home.
What are the best board games to play with your wife? Connecting as couple through a board game can strengthen the emotional bond, trust, and closeness. Not only is it fun to play games, but also increase communication skills and focus on something together as a team.
The best board game to play with wife are:
- Fog of Love
- Cottage Garden
- Pocket to Ride
- Odin’s Ravens
- Welcome To
These board games consist of simple rules that can easily be played with two people. Many of these games allow multiple player for a couples night with friends and family as well.
If you are looking to learn new things about your partner, and triggers to reignite that relationship with a romantic board game, you are in the right place.
It is easy to end up scrolling through Netflix movies during another typical date night as a married couple. Another ways to make the evening fun is to pull out board games for couples to play.
You will instantly become enthralled while playing games with wife. Quickly learn more about each other no matter how long you’ve been married.
What board game can you play with your wife?
When you are looking for board games that interests both you and your wife, it is important to select the right one. From strategy to trivia, there are various board games that get creative, exciting, and unexpected.
It can be difficult to know which game is worth checking out and which one you need to pass on.Let’s take a look at the best board games to play with your wife to help you create unforgettable date nights with exciting gameplay:
- Goals could be odd, but leading to a heart-winner instead of a heartbreaker.
- The romance unfolds with zigzag moves and surprises that put a smile on each others face.
- The game includes a game board, a rule book, two cardholders, and two dual-sided cars with characters.
- 80 personality tokens add complexity.
- 38 traits, 60 features, 14 destinies, 36 occupations, 8 choice tokens, and 30 tutorial cards.
- Lasts around one to two hours.
- Recommended for ages 17 and over.
This board game is unique and creates memorable stories. Each theme and minimalist design touches your curiosity.
It is not for everyone however, as it lets you role play or story game. There are game-like rules and destiny cards that allow you and your wife to choose what goal to aim for throughout the game.
Do you want to dominate the relationship or be equal partners? Find out by playing the game.
- Stare into each other's eyes, the last to blink will start the game.
- Roll the dice and move your game piece.
- Landing square decides your action.
- Relax and laugh with few dice rolls and trying new things together with each other.
- Pick up monogamy cards that go to different levels.
- Dynamic and exhilarating game.
- Tasks get more involved at the passionate level.
- Treats can be carried out even after the gameplay.
- Over 400 variable tasks with 50 fantasy cards to pick as you pass.
Perfect game to play on date night because it allows you to focus and connect with your spouse. If you are open minded and looking to spice up your relationship, Monogamy board game is the one you are looking for.
It can require a bit of drinking, so prepare your favorite wine to pair with this game.
- Compete to fill the flowerbeds with different flowers.
- Finished when there is no unplanted box on the bed.
- Gain points for planting bells and plant pots to increase the score.
- Winners have the highest score.
- Can be played together or solo.
- The gameplay takes around 45 to 60 minutes.
Like you build home and future together, relax the evening with this Cottage Garden game. The game itself primarily involves a puzzle and super lightweight game that anybody can enjoy.
If you both are ambitious gardener, why not take your skills indoors?
- Players claim train routes of two cities.
- Finish the destination tickets to claim the constant longest route across the map board.
- A strategy game to earn points.
- Adventurous and fun game where players play and collect matching train cards and claim train routes linking cities.
- Score points in different ways, through claiming longer routes
- Fulfill the destination tickets and builds the longest continuous railway.
- Easy and fast to learn.
- Gameplay lasts around 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
- Features Alexa-compatible design.
This board game is an excellent game for 2 players. There are many expansions and variations of Ticket to Ride.
We recommend Ticket to Ride Europe to play with your wife. It is based on Netherlands and has the most interesting map to play with.
- Additional points are awarded for the adjoining placement, thereby finishing columns and rows.
- Makes use of dice wisely to pass the right ones to other players.
- Collect the majority of victory points to become the best builder.
- Consist of 100 double-sided sheets, 12 dice with 6 yellow and 6 blue, and 25 double-sided sheets.
- It is a write-and-roll board game.
- Duration of gameplay is 45 minutes.
It is a good game with straightforward rules. If you both are in the mood for a lighter game, then this is great board game to bring to the table. When playing with spouse, remove 1 of each colored number money card to better balance out when the scoring rounds happen.
- Rules are effective and simple with good strategy.
- Quick game that last between 20 to 30 minutes.
- Game comes with 2 wooden ravens and 106 cards.
- Perfect for 2 players.
- Revised edition of Odin’s Raven is awarded with Thorsten Gimmler.
The game is very quick and competitive. The Loki cards add a nice touch to the game that allows you to make or break combos of cards.
Also, you have the option of two decks to pull from otherwise it lacks depth for strategy other the the Loki cards. Simple game that you can play without being too stressful.
- Get your resources via lucky dice, trades, or cards.
- Use combinations of resources like ore, lumber for road construction, grain, brick, cities, and settlements.
- It is a strategy game where players can control their civilization and spread the hex board for victory points.
- This game needs not be played the same way twice.
- Build or join a catan community.
- Takes less time to learn, but a lifetime of strategy exploration.
- Gameplay is about 60 minutes.
The original Catan is really fun when played with more than two players. However, there are mini-expansions for two player rules of this game.
The new print and play version add a home tile intended to replace the desert time in the middle of the board.
- Hit, flip and write game.
- 50 new sheets for neighborhood with 3 new cards for plans.
- Gameplay is 25 minutes.
- Recommended age 10 years and up.
- Brain using strategy game.
This game is easy to teach and can be quick to play without overthinking. With flexible numbers of players, it can be 2 players for date night to joint couples night to compete with each other.
- This game is for grownups and perfect for couples.
- Be the royal highness of Ganjaland.
- Includes an instruction manual, 8 character pieces, 157 playing cards, and a large game board.
- Pull a card from the deck and follow the instructions to move the character piece forward or backward.
- Fun party game to play with family and friends.
This board game is a fun and enlightening way to celebrate your favorite past time with trivia and challenges. It also comes with 6 photo props and a sand timer to take the gameplay to the next level.
- Game is easy to learn.
- Fast-paced game of strategy
- Enjoy the challenge with plenty of laughs.
- Less than a minute to learn and play time is about 30 minutes.
- Keeps your mind sharp and exciting.
If you are looking for board games that are good for your brain, this is a winner. The Blokes games received a Mensa award for promoting healthy brain activity.
Just follow one rule and the possibilities are endless!
Board Games with Wife: Conclusion
Studies have shown that playing board games improves your love life with the release of oxytocin, oftentimes referred to as a love hormone.
It enhances the bond and trust between partners while calming fear and stress as well. Furthermore, board games strengthen the emotional bond, trust, and closeness.
If you are looking for other ways to connect and get to know you spouse more in depth, choose one of the best board games to play with wife for your next date night. It will increase communication skills and shift focus on something together as a team.
Specific board games are fun to play with two players, especially your wife. These games are all spouse-friendly with simple rules and quick gameplay that it will make your date night more fun, intimate, and adventurous.
Happy gaming with your wife!